Blogtober 2020 First one


Hey, guys, I hope you are all well, Welcome to blogtober! let's get spooky 

WE all have a trick-or-treating story we love to tell.

You’ve likely heard mine before: I vividly remember the year I was determined to amass a small fortune by way of SweeTarts, my fave candy as a kid. In the post-trick-or-treating flurry of candy brokering, I started by trading off 2-3 of candies I didn’t like for a single packet of SweeTarts. By the end of the trade, I’d escalated to trading away chocolate bars in the interest of building my pile. I ended up with 200+ packets…and I’m pretty sure it took me until Easter the next year to finish them all.

Trick-or-treating is beloved because it is iconic. It’s one of those rites of passage as a kid that gives us a bit of freedom and make it feel like, for one night, we’re running the show. That’s powerful.

So of course of all the things we might have to forego this Halloween season…this one hurts the most. But before we get too bummed out about missing it, let me remind you: this is just one year. I know it sucks, esp. if it’s an iconic Halloween for your kids, but – fingers crossed – we’ll be back to normal trick-or-treating by next fall. (A ghoul can dream!)

So…what do we do instead? I have a few ideas…

TRICK-OR-TREATING ALTERNATIVES

Wondering what you'll do Halloween night if you can't roam the neighborhood for candy? Here are 13 trick-or-treating alternatives to try.

BACKYARD CANDY HUNT

Take a page out of Easter’s book and hide Halloween candy around your backyard, then let your kids go hunting for it! Make sure you’re using prepackaged candy to avoid unwelcome critters getting to it first. Don’t forget to make yourself a cheat sheet of hiding places.


CANDY GRAVEYARD


TRICK-OR-TREAT INDOORS

MAKE HALLOWEEN CANDY TREATS


FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT


FAMILY GAME NIGHT
BUILD A BONFIRE

HOST AN AT-HOME MICRO PARTY

 COSTUME DINNER PARTY

PUMPKIN CARVING PARTY

 MAKE A PLAN WITH NEIGHBORS 


WHAT TRICK-OR-TREATING ALTERNATIVE WOULD YOU ADD TO THE LIST?


Thank you for the read! hope you enjoyed it! 

Becca x




Comments

Popular Posts