Blogtober #SpooktoberStories



Hey guys, Hope you are all well, I'm back again with another horror movie that is based on true events, and this movie has had remakes of it, I would recommend you watch it, only if you like the horror movies of course! The last one I spoke about The Conjuring, the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warran, They investigated this case back in the 1970s, but as I said in the last one I won't be sharing photos regarding the story.

Here is just an overview of the story if you are unsure of it.
On November 13, 1974, in the small town of  Amityville, New York,  Ronald Defeo burst into Harry’s Bar and screamed that his parents had been shot and killed. Police discovered the bodies of 6 members of the DeFeo family;  The father, mother and 4 of the 5 Defeo children were found, face down, shot in the back of their heads. Ronald claimed he wasn’t home during the murders and had only discovered the bodies of his parents prior to arriving at Harry’s Bar. After police officers found a gun case for a .35 calibre Marlin Rifle in Ronald’s Room, DeFeo confessed.
After a lengthy trial, Ronald DeFeo was found guilty of the heinous murders of his family. He was sentenced to six consecutive life sentences. But there never has been a solid explanation of how one person acting alone could take the lives of six family members in the dead of night 3:15 A/M and no one heard the shots being fired.
How interesting does this sound??? there are two movies of this story one made in 1979 and the second remake in 2005, I've only watched the remake but will be watching the original at some point soon, have you seen it? Would love to know your thoughts. 

I know I haven't spoken as much about this one, I do enjoy the movie but it's not one of my favourites and has only seen it a few times. 
I do find all of these stories very interesting and fascinating to hear or read about, there are websites you can look on to get all the information you need to read more about it, It's not my job to share all of it, so you will only be getting a slight look into the stories, I do hope you appreciate that and are enjoying the posts that are happening this month and would always love to hear your feedback as always. 
Many thanks 
Becca x 




Comments

Popular Posts