Recipes! Drinks and sweet things!



Hey, guys, I hope you're well! Here is a helpful blog coming your way! 


LEMON & GINGER TONIC
Can be used as a morning shot or as a base for tea, I prefer the tea option because I actually enjoy a long drink in the morning to give me time to wake up. I make enough to last me the week and store in a jug in the fridge.
Grate 100g of Ginger root into 500ml of water
Bring to the boil and then leave to stand for 45mins
Then add the juice of 3 lemons and run the mixture through a sieve to remove the grated ginger.
Optional
Honey is optional! 

I found this one online, and it's something I will be trying I usually have a glass of lemon water every morning just not with ginger! 

CUPCAKES
Can be eaten during the day as a snack or as a dessert! 
115g of butter
115g of caster sugar
115g of self-raising flour
2 eggs lightly whisked 
Preheat the oven, depends on how your oven works usually around 200 degrees, and cook for 15-20 mins 
Any decorations are your choice, I used already made coffee icing as I didn't have anything to make myself! I know that's not a full own bake but close enough 












Iced Coffee! 
With this, it's all about personal preference, I have the 2 teaspoons of coffee and only 1 and a half teaspoons of sugar, but my little sister has 2 and a half teaspoons of sugar as coffee is too strong for her! 
2 Teaspoons of instant coffee
2 Teaspoons of sugar
half a glass of milk 
Ice cubes 
2-3 Teaspoons of hot water 
This photo is from the internet, I forgot to take photos of my own coffee. 

Here I shall hand you over to Carol, She will be sharing a recipe she has used a few times and I hope you all enjoy! 
Another great way of being creative is through the art of baking, both I and Becky have done some baking recently, I find baking to be very relaxing, I love finding new recipes to use or experimenting with different recipes. Recently I have made a firm favourite of mine and that is coco pop cakes, they are so simple to make and they are even more delicious to eat. I have also made 2 sponge cakes with chocolate chips within the batter and I can safely say it was definitely yum, (not that I'm biased or anything).

Another recipe that I have recently made is an old school sponge cake, do you remember having the sponge cake at school with the icing and sprinkles? pure classic. I love searching through google for different recipe ideas and when I saw the one for the old school sponge cake I just had to try it. I would love to share the recipe that I use, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

200 g butter/ margarine (7 oz)
175 g caster sugar (6 oz)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
3 eggs
200 g self-raising flour (7 oz)


For the decoration
225 g icing sugar (8 oz)
2 - 3 tbsp water  (start with 1 and build up gradually so your icing isn't too thin)
Coloured sugar  sprinkles or sugar strands

Method:
Preheat your over to 160 degrees or gas mark 3
Bake the cake for 25 - 35 minutes keeping an eye on the cake take it out when it looks golden brown.

I hope you all found this helpful and want to create your own versions, we would love to see how they turn out or hear about them! 

Thank you, 

stay safe, stay home and stay positive, 

Becca x 










Comments

Popular Posts